Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Edwin's Chillin'

First off, I want to say a huge thanks to all who posted comments on my blog over the last day or so. I can't tell you how thrilling it is to have someone post a kind word! Thank so much! I've been spending some time blog surfing myself and am always amazed at the talent out there!

I woke up yesterday with the start of a cold, but now it's a full blown head cold. I'm so stuffed up and my head is pounding from the congestion. I hate summer colds, just seems like you shouldn't be sick when the weather is so nice. Just hoping the kids don't catch it from me.

I checked out the Splitcoaststampers sketch challenge this morning (SC237). I figured that with not feeling well, there was no way I'd get to it today. But the image of Surf Edwin I colored yesterday fit in with the sketch! I already had all my colors and patterned paper picked out, so it came together easily. Hard to tell in the photo, but the patterned surfboard paper has a shimmer to it. It's so pretty in real life. This is some patterned paper I've had for over a year and the Magnolia summer stamp kit had the perfect stamp to go with it. See, there is a reason I hoard stuff, you never know when you'll need it! LOL!

Thanks for stopping by today. Hope you have a great day!

Card Recipe:
Stamps: Surf Edwin from Magnolia, sentiment from Day at the Beach from PTI
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Palette Umber
Paper: Ridinghood Red, So Saffron, Close to Cocoa, DCWV patterned paper, PTI ssw
Embellishments: copic markers, dimensionals, SU celery twill

1 comment:

laos348 said...

Very cute - great background paper to go with that image.