Friday, August 21, 2009

MoJoMaria and Sweet Dreamers Blog Challenge #4

Monday was the 100th card sketch for the MoJo Monday blog. In celebration, they posted a fantastic sketch every day this week. I just loved this sketch from Tuesday and finally got a chance to play with it. I decided to incorporate the Sweet Dreamers blog challenge for this week also. It was to make a card with a word only stamp, no coloring images this week! Of course for that sort of a challenge I had to go with a Verve stamp, as I've said many times they have the best sentiments around! And this one is another fabulous one!

The flower centers (brads) are covered in black stickles, looks very elegant in person! This is the first time I broke into the package of Ocean Tides cardstock I bought a while back. I really love this color and think I'll be using it a whole lot more often.

Card Recipe:
Stamps: Verve To Risk Plain Jane
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, PTI Ocean Tides
Paper: PTI ssw, Ocean Tides, Basic Black, Blush Blossom
Embellishments: SU top note die, nesties, MS border punch, PTI Ocean Tides Ribbon, prima flowers, black brads, stickles, sponges, SU slot punch and corner rounder punch, Cuttlebug embossing folder

10 comments:

Vicki said...

Kathy this is a wonderful challenge card! Love the paper and accents! I am going to have to look into the Verve stamps too! Just awesome! Blessings to you!

paige said...

Absolutely beautiful!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Great card! I absolutely agree about verve and I do not know why I do not have more of their stamps..... Love the layout too! TFS

Mary G. said...

Kathy, this turned out beautifully!!!

Melissa@TheHappierHomemaker said...

Love this card, just came upon your blog and I have to say I LOVE the name! I have two little boys and often unwind after a long bedtime battle with wine and stamping!

Tammi said...

Beautiful, ocean tides is one of my fav colors, looks fantastic here.

CarlaKH said...

gorgeous.. love the colors and the quote as well...

Sande said...

Kathy
Super card and the color are elegant.

I agree nothing goes better with stamping than wine. lol!

Cassie_lu said...

beautiful card and that sketch is great (in fact I used it for my challenge card too, lol)

Karli said...

Fabulous card & I totally agree Verve has amazing sentiments! wonderful job on the challenge Kathy :) Have a great week!