Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Sweet Dreamers Challenge #2 (Recycle)

I recycle paper, plastics, aluminum etc., but this one stumped me. How was I going to use something recycled on a card? Then I remembered the bag of ribbons I had saved from gifts and gift bags! See husband, my hoarding tendencies come in handy sometimes! I think this pink ribbon came on a package from my last birthday. In the spirit of recycling, I also decided to try to use only scraps. So no whole sheets of cardstock were cut into for this card, LOL. It sounds like one of those research statements "No animals were hurt..."

Can't really tell from my photo, but the little bear's head is on a dimensional, to help him standout a bit. The Stampingbella sentiment was perfect with this image. I think I'll use this one for a thank you card for someone who has been especially kind to me.

We are going to the NY Mets game today. It's an afternoon game and will be the first real baseball game the boys have gone to. They are looking more forward to the food than the game, I think! They keep talking about hot dogs and cotton candy. Supposed to get rain in the later afternoon, hope it holds out for a while so we can see some baseball!

Thanks for stopping by today! Have a great day!

Card Recipe:
Stamps: Sugar Nellie Gorjuss Girl, Stampingbella sentiment
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Palette Umber
Paper: PTI ssw, Close to Cocoa, Choc. Chip, Pretty in Pink
Embellishments: copics, Spica gold glitter pen, JoAnn's mini brads, sewing machine, Cuttlebug Divine Swirls embossing folder, nesties, Cuttlebug ribbon slider die cut, foam dimensionals, stickles, ribbon unknown

8 comments:

Heidi said...

This is very sweet and good job recycling.

Unknown said...

How cute , love the image! Great job!!!

Mary G. said...

Great job on the challenge! VERY cure image!
Hope you had a good time at the game. There's not much better than a ballpark hotdog! :)

paige said...

This is a very cute card! The recycled ribbon is the perfect addition to the card.

Shelly Schmidt said...

Lovely card! Great sentiment and love the angels. TFS

Vicki said...

She is just precious! Great job! Blessings to you!

CarlaKH said...

adorable! Love the colors!

Cindy said...

What a great challenge card!! I love how you added the ribbon!! Very, very cute!!