Thursday, March 11, 2010

Thanks for the Kimono!

Last weekend we had a girls' weekend to celebrate the birthday of my dear friend Megan. While I was there, my sweet friend Melissa gave me a Kimono for Lilah. It was a hand-me-down from her daughter Hannah. Someone had brought it home to her from a trip to China. It is beautiful, royal blue with butterflies on it. I remembered this darling image from Mo's Digital Pencil that I had. So I printed it off to make a thank you card for her.

How cute is this image. Her little face is so pretty, I think. I used the Midnight Madness sketch (MMSC44) for this layout. Another great sketch this week. She is all stickled up and her teapot and cup are covered in glaze to look like ceramic. I made my flower accent after seeing the cool tutorial from my blogging friend Karli, she always has the best tutorials.

Thanks for dropping by today!

Card Recipe:
Stamps: Mo's Digital Pencil Kimono Girl digi
Ink: printer
Paper: GP110, Pretty in Pink, Purely Pomegranate, Tangerine Tango, MME patterned
Embellishments: SU corner rounder and scalloped circle punch, MS leaf punch, copics, stickles, glaze pen, mini brad, PTI ribbon

14 comments:

Carol Hurlock said...

Kathy, how sweet and adorable your card is. Your colors are fabulous and your flower is just fabulous. I love the folds in the ribbon too. Thanks for playing along with us at the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge this week.

Bear Hugs,
Carol :O}
Midnight Madness Design Team

Priscilla said...

What a cute card and how sweet of you to find just the perfect image for your thank you card. You did a great job coloring her and yes..her face is very sweet :) Well done with the sketch and such a pretty flower you have made. Thank you so much for playing the Midnight Madness sketch challenge this week. Sneak Peek will be up tomorrow, so be sure to check back for that. Oh, and we love all our players project so much, we have a surprise for everyone next week, so stay tuned for that.

Priscilla
MMSC Hostess

Julie said...

Very pretty card. It has a distinctly Asian flavor to it, perfect for a thank you for a Kimono. I love Mo's artwork, the images really speak to me.
Julie SBS29

Lovely Linda said...

Hi Kathy - this is just the sweetest image and i love the colours you have used! That gorgeous flower is perfect - well done! Love your colouring too! Your Blog name always makes me smile - very cute! We appreciate you supporting us this week - we love to see your card and hope to see you again next week! {{{hugs}}}
Linda MMSC Design Team

Anonymous said...

It's PERFECT! I love the flower.
You are so talented!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What a cute oriental image and card!! Great choice of colors and awesome flower!! Love your take on the sketch. Thanks for playing with Midnight Madness this week!

Imke said...

Cute card, your coloring is great and i like the flower. I have to try it. Beautiful and a nice Thank You Card for the kimona. I´m sure Lilah looks so sweet in it.

Angela said...

Wow, this is really pretty! Love your choice of papers and the flower embellie; perfect for the Asian theme. Your coloring rocks; great card!

Sue said...

I love this image from Mo. You have colored it up beautifully and the papers you used are wonderful. That flower is fantastic and such a great additional to your card. So glad you joined us for the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge this week. Love your take on the sketch!

Sue
MMSC March Guest

Anne said...

Lovely colours and that flower is fab, must have a go at this

Cheryl said...

Oooh! I love this. The colors are wonderful and your coloring is perfect.

Shelly Schmidt said...

I love this- great image and I love your card! TFS

Shelly Schmidt said...

Darling card- love the image. Your coloring is awesome! You have been busy this week!

Annie said...

oh my goodness, this is soooooooooooooooo sweet! Love your coloring and layout!
p.s. image is so darling as well :)