Monday, July 5, 2010

American Hero

I just bought this new set from Verve called American Hero. How perfect is this for sending cards to the troops? My family and I recently adopted a soldier overseas and we send him a card weekly and a package monthly. So this card is on the way to him. I know this Verve set will be put to good use for sending him mail!

Hope you all had a happy and safe fourth of July. We didn't get to see any fireworks yesterday, but enjoyed cooking out.

Thanks for dropping by today!

Card Recipe:
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Real Red
Paper: PTI ssw, Real Red, Night of Navy
Embellishments: Nesties, copics, stickles, star embossing folder, SU ribbon, MS border punch

6 comments:

Cheryl said...

This is a wonderful card! I love the texture and the clean look.

Joanne Gilch said...

Nice card, but even nicer is that you adopted a soldier! How fulfilling!

paige said...

beautiful card! I love the star border!

Tammi said...

Love this wow, great card! So sweet of you to have adopted a soldier, I'm sure he loves everything you send Kathy!

Tracey said...

Simply stunning Kathy!

Hugs
Tracey
xx

Angela said...

Very cool! I love how you have carried the star theme throughout. That is very cool to adopt a soldier; I have never heard of that.