Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Tuesday Morning Sketches guest designer



Happy Tuesday! I was invited to be a guest designer for Tuesday Morning Sketches for the month of April. I was so excited to participate in the challenges of this awesome blog with their talented DT. Thanks Melissa for having me this month!

Here is my take on the sketch from Melissa, such a fab sketch this week. The sponsor is Deedee's Digis, the image I chose is called, Cup of Joy. It's hard to see in this photo, but the flowers are popped up for some dimension. I have a thing for tea cups, so I thought this image was cute.

Check out all of the samples on the TMS blog. Hope to see you playing along with us this week.

Card Recipe:
Image: Deedee's Digis Cup of Joy, senti from PTI
Ink: Printer, Palette Noir
Paper: PTI ssw, SU Old Olive, Regal Rose, Tempting Turquoise, MME pattern
Embellishments: copics, nesties, Verve dies, SU ribbon, K and Co rhinestones, dimensionals

16 comments:

Pami said...

Hi Kathy, this is such a gorgeous card, so pretty and lovely combination of colours. Take care. Pami x

Judy said...

This card is so pretty.. My favorite colors.

KimCreate said...

Kathy, love this. I have that paper, I may have to lift this!
I love how neat you work is.
Kim

Linda Palmer said...

Very pretty card Kathy. I really like that image and love the way you colored it. Congrats on the GDT. You deserve it as all your cards are special.

Imke said...

Congrats Kathy. You will have a lot of fun !! Your cards is so beautiful. Love the DP and the blue pearls !!

Peggysue said...

I love this Kathy. The paper is gorgeous and just goes so well with the image.

Unknown said...

Congratulations Kathy!!! Your card is beautiful and by the way I love teacups too. Very pretty.

Susanne said...

Kathy--so very pretty...love the color, format and DP! Especially lot the lacy die cut in the round! :)

Karli said...

Congrats on the GDT spot! woo woo! Cheery colors & I agree with everyone else---> that DP is awesome :) Great card once again! Hugs~

Joanne Gilch said...

Great sketch...need to check that out!!! Love the colors of your card and that bg paper is scrumptious. The popped up flowers are fabby!!!

Carrie said...

You did an awesome job with the sketch Kathy. I can see the flowers are popped up, what a nice touch. Beautiful job.

Monique said...

This card is sure to cheer anybody up... such pretty colors and papers topped with a perfect bow :)

Mary G. said...

Kathy, this is gorgeous! Those flowers are so beautiful and I love the blue rhinestones in the center. They really make those flowers "pop" off the page!!! Very pretty DSP, too! Well, I just LOVE the entire thing!

Cheryl said...

Gorgeous card Kathy! I love the colors and how you colored this image.



--Cheryl--

**Check out my Meljen’s Designs & Whimsy Stamps blog candy!**

Juls said...

sweet card, love how you have blinged up the flowers!! Hugs Juls

Theresa said...

Kathy, your card is just delightful. I love the DP and the blue bling. Wonderful work!