Thursday, May 31, 2012

Whimsy and Stars

The end of the school year is quickly approaching and I need some school thank you's to send. This little Whimsy and Stars image has been one of my favorites for a long time, it's called Back to School. It's probably a favorite for me, because it looks a lot my DS #2 Liam.

Mabelle is having a special sale right now, too. If you order any rubber stamps, you can get a digi image for free. It's a great deal. And I can tell you the rubber stamps are awesome, great quality, mounted on ezmount and stamp well. So if you've been thinking about trying them out, now is a great time.

I've used a very CAS sketch from Freshly Made Sketches #37. Love the clean uncluttered look of it. I kept it embellishment free, so it wouldn't be too girly. Hard to leave off the ribbon!

Thanks so much for dropping by today. Hope you are having a wonderful week!

Card Recipe:
Image: Whimsy and Stars Back to School
Ink: printer, Palette Noir
Paper: PTI ssw, Pure Poppy, SU Summer Sun, October Afternoon prints
Extras: copics, nesties, Sakura stardust pen, SU edge punch, dimensionals

Here is the picture of the sketch:


10 comments:

Catherine said...

Beautiful card, love the spotty papers...

Tara Bourgoin said...

What a CUTE stamp! That little man with the pencil is just darling. Great take on the sketch, and a wonderful card for the end of the school year!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Oh this is so perfect for Thank You cards from a Mom of a boy! Love the cute image you have colored it beautifully- darling take on the sketch!

Kate said...

Adorable. Love the paper you used and that image is colored in perfectly.

Hugs,
Kate

Imke said...

Perfect card for a teacher. I like the notebook edges - fit´s great with the image.

Melissa Craig said...

What a sweet card Kathy! I really love that edging.

Tui Nathan said...

What a fabulous card Kathy ...great colours, great colouring and a great mix of papers ... awesome job!
Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!!!

Cindy Hall said...

Oh my gosh! I love that image and you did a fantastic job of coloring it! Great use of papers and details, too. Thanks for sharing with us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

Angela said...

Cute! Love the clean, graphic lines.... Bet the teacher will love it too!

Unknown said...

Adorable card! I'm sure the teacher loved it! ;o)