Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Whimsy and Stars


Happy Tuesday! I've got a cute little card with a summery image from Whimsy and Stars Studio, this little guy is called Watermelon Boy. This is only part of the cute image, I cropped him into a square for this sketch. My kiddos love watermelon in the summer and I do, too. Nothing beats it for a sweet treat (and a healthy one at that!).

My sketch comes from Sweet Sketch Wednesday #164. Another fabulous sketch from Arlana this week.


And I also made this for the Dare to Get Dirty challenges going on over at SCS. They are for fan club members and all the deets can be found here.

Card Recipe:
Image: Watermelon Boy from Whimsy and Stars Studio
Ink: printer
Paper: Copic xpress, PTI Pure Poppy, Simply Chartruese, Watermelon print from Pink Paislee, green dot from Cosmo Cricket
Extras: copics, nesties, dimensionals, PTI ribbon, button and twine, Sharpie white paint pen


21 comments:

Annette Allen said...

so cute...totally love this card..

Marie said...

Simply adorable, Kathy. The bg paper almost looks like a slice from a whole watermelon. Great color combo.

Jovan said...

AWESOME card!

Simple and Sweet said...

Oh so cute! I love that darling image and your papers are a perfect match! Thanks for joining us this week!
Erika SSW DT

Jeannie said...

This is so fresh and fun and so perfect for Summer! Adorable! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

Peace & Luv,
Jeannie

Anne-Marie said...

Oh, it's been an age since I dropped by....slappin' wrist right now!...and can see you still have that magic touch...this is adorable! Love the ikkle fella and that paper is exactly right...well done!

NanaConnie said...

Adorable, Kathy! Love those papers. It feels so good to be able to visit all my fav blogs again. Feel like I've been away forever! Hugz.

Sandy said...

I really like this design - great colors and I know how well you color Kathy - neat card!
Sandy

Heide said...

What a fun card! Love the great papers, which are perfect with the image.
Thanks for joining us at SSW.
Hugs, Heide SSW-DT

mulberry station said...

kathy, your card is simply adorable. I love those fun papers and super cute image. Such a perfect summer time card. Thanks for joining us.
Nancy SSW-DT

Danni said...

Super fun with the polka dots! Adorable card!

Arlana 11426 said...

Such a fun watermelon card. Love your sweet papers. Have a sweet day!!! Arlana@SSW!!!

Sharon Basel said...

This is just the cutest card! Love that darling image and your perfect coloring. You always select such terrific papers and this is no exception. A wonderful card and so glad you chose to share this with us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday!
Sharon, SSW-DT

Regan said...

Adorable, Kathy! Great papers for this image! Watermelon is such a fun Summer treat- for all ages! :)
{hugs}
Regan

Heide said...

Congrats Kathy!
You are the winner this week over at SSW.
Heide

Cheryl said...

So cute! I love all the layers and your fabulous coloring.

Imke said...

Wonderful design and great colors. This cute little guy makes me smile.

Heather B said...

Great papers, Kathleen! I can see why your card won. Congrats!!

Angela said...

He's adorable...you picked the perfect papers!

Cheryl said...

This is so cute!!! I love the fun papers and bright colors you used on the image.

Kathi said...

I really love the layered polka dot paper and your coloring, especially the halo in the hair. :D