Friday, September 5, 2014

FTHS Blog Hop

Welcome to our From the Heart Stamps blog hop. Our theme this month is "For the Bird{brains}". Our designers are showcasing lots of gorgeous projects along with some tip and technique tutorials.

As you hop along, please leave a comment on each entry. One random commenter will be selected on each blog to win an image of choice from the FTHS store. Some Design Team members are also giving away the actual project they create for the hop, too. So, you may win an image and a card or project from some of the blogs! And additionally, one commenter on the From the Heart Stamps blog will be selected to win a $15 gift voucher to the store!

We are offering another really cool prize on the FTHS blog! Have you ever had a great idea for a Birdbrain image? Well, this is your chance! One lucky winner randomly selected from all the comments will be selected to work with Faith to design a Birdbrain image!

And, we would like to invite all of you to be a part of our hop this month, with the DT! There is an inlinkz on the bottom of the post here at FTHS and on each individual blog. Use one of the designer's tutorials and your favorite Birdbrain image to create a project to play along. We can't wait to see what you create! If you are interested in guest designing for FTHS over the next few months, simply add GDT to your entry. We are looking for six people to guest design for two month rotations over the next 6 months. Hope you will print off your favorite Birdbrain and play along!

If you have arrived from Jo's blog, you are in the right place. Wasn't her fancy fold a real WOW? I loved it, so clever and a technique I need to try. If you have just stumbled upon my blog why don’t you start on the From the Heart Stamps blog, so you don’t miss anything.

Here is my project, using Birthday Burger Birdbrain. I've made a little wine tag for a gift. I love to decorate bottles of wine or spirits for the holidays or birthday gifts. Now, they make lots of dies to cut out the bottle hanger shape, but if you have some basic shaped dies, the specialty die isn't necessary.


Cut a strip of your cardstock to 9 x 3. Use a round die to cut a hole in one end and use a square die on an angle to notch the end.


Simply round off the corners and score a line under the cut out circle. This will be your fold line.


Now decorate any way you like. I've layered some patterned paper, added a bow, buttons, and popped up the sentiment on dimensionals. The flame is coated with stickles for sparkle and the eyes are glossed with Glassy glaze. What is really cool about making your own is that you can change up the size to fit your specific bottle. I've even made fun tags for bubble baths as gifts for my chemo angel buddies.

I am giving away a FTHS image and this bottle tag to the winner picked from this blog!



Now head over to Kelly's blog and see what she has created.

Thanks for hopping with us today. The hop will end on Sunday September 14th at 6am, EST. Winners will be posted on the From the Heart Stamps Blog on Wednesday September 17th.

35 comments:

Lisa Lara said...

You picked the perfect image Kathy for this project. I love this digi.

Jo said...

Oh Kathy! this is an AWESOME idea! I'll never send a bottle any other way from now on, as i'll be making these all the time to decorate them. Thanks for the inspiration my friend :)
Jo xx

Sari / Granne said...

Your project looks so fun. Love those buttons too...

Michelle said...

OMG.....your are awesome! Why have I never thought to make a tag like that? DUH....lol, wonderful job :)

KimCreate said...

Adoarable tag with great color choices!
Love it!

sweet art designs said...

You guys are all so talented. I love how you made the wine/bottle card. Thanks for the info.
Myrna

Jennifer Scull said...

as I was first looking at the photo, I thought you were making a door hanger, which I thought was such a clever idea. as I read further down, I saw that this was a bottle tag. still fun and clever, as is everything you make! such a cutey stamp set, too! :)

have a great weekend!

Angela said...

I was excited to see what you made, and you didn't disappoint.... Love this Kathleen!

Joanna M. said...

OMG ... seriously, (insert head slap) why have I not thought of this to make fishtails? Wonderful ideas Kath!

Linda Anderson said...

FABULOUS!!! Love your image, coloring, and fun buttons.

Linda

Anonymous said...

Awesome! Love this technique and the great coloring - I want to try this asap!! Thanks for the inspiration!
Lyn

Gail said...

How grand is this idea!! Great creation and lovely color choices! thanks for the hop & technique - have a blessed week!

Kelly Schelske said...

Such a fun tag and a super cute way to spiff up a bottle of wine!! Love it Kathy!

Min said...

Kathy this is too cute! This image has my hubby's name ALL OVER IT for his birthday! May have to run over and pick up this digi!
Hugs & Happy Days!
Min

Imke said...

I always like your bottle hanger, Kathy. This is such a cute one and i like the bright colors. Thanks for your great tutorial.

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

The project is delightful and never thought of using the circle and corner of square die to cut ...thanks for the quick tutorial. I enjoy working with the image...so many directions to go with it.

Anna R said...

First off, your coloring is amazing...that hamburger looks good enough to eat. :) Thanks for reminding how easy and awesome it is to use digi-stamps on tags. Sometimes I get into a "card rut" and forget all the other ways to use them.

Anonymous said...

I love your talent.
LOVE!
I'm so making some of these.
WOOHOO
Best idea ever!
Em

Kathy S said...

Very Clever Kathy. I don't drink wine but you could certainly use this for soda or even water at a party. Thanks for the inspiration.

Sarah P said...

Great idea. I like how you cut the bottom. I will be using this idea.

HeatherM said...

How fun! I love the bright colors and all of the details. :-)

Sarah said...

Cute card. I haven't used this image yet but now I have a great idea.

Faith S. said...

Such a great idea! And I can try your project because I have those dies! It turned out so cute!! What a fun project!

arlsmom aka Lynda said...

wonderful tag!!!

terriavidreader (IN-USA) said...

very cute. Love the coloring

cmgr117 said...

Great idea! I'm not a wine drinker but do have friends that I sometimes gift a bottle of wine. Next time I do I will try this idea.

Mel C said...

Great color for the birds, fun project!

Janet said...

I've never seen a tag done like that - such a neat idea! Love the coloring you did - bright and happy!!

Blue Kube said...

Impressive coloring and I love how you put the twine through the buttons. A great idea for a gift!

JanR said...

Ha! I adore that image! Fab project.

Camille Short said...

Amazing coloring job!

Lesley said...

Fab image for this door hanger! Love all of it! Thanks for the inspiration too x

Margreet said...

Love your bottlehanger and made one myself, using your pattern (will be published on 17-9 on my blog). Unfortunately I cannot enter this bloghop as I don't have the appropriate digi's. Hope you don't mind I mention your blog in my blogpost?
xxx Margreet

Debbie said...

Wow, I love this bottle tag.So fun and useful.Fantastic tutorial.Fun image too.Hugs. Debbie x

Karen McAlpine said...

Really cute bottle tag! Another super fun birdbrain image!!